- Situated in a quiet and friendly pedestrian street in the old town, this holiday rental in Marseillan is just a minute’s walk from the main square, and five minutes’ walk to the port. You really can pop to the bakers for meltingly warm croissants, and be back before the coffee's brewed - we know, we've tried it ! A short stroll from our front door and you'll be plunged straight into the real France - rub shoulders with the locals buying super fresh oysters, mouth-watering fruit and veg or filling up containers at one of three wine domaines.
- Downstairs is a large open-plan living /dining room, with a fabulous open fireplace, lovely for log fires in the winter. There is a fully-fitted kitchen with built in hob and oven, dishwasher and fridge. If you're a keen cook, you'll be pleased to find a very well-equipped batterie de cuisine. A small cellier houses the washing machine, and has plenty of room for beach items and bicycles.
- There's free wifi, a TV/DVD with broadband channels, loads of DVDs, a stereo system with i-pod/i-phone connection, stacks of CDs, and a bookshelf crammed with English paperbacks. A wide selection of guidebooks and maps will help you plan your holiday.
- The first floor has two good size double bedrooms. At the front, double glazed windows overlook the street. The rear bedroom has single twin beds. Shutters keep the bedrooms cool in summer.
- The bathroom, with separate WC, has double basins and bath with shower over.
- On the top floor, the large bedroom leads out on to the roof terrace. This captures the sun all day, and is the perfect place to enjoy breakfast in the morning, sunbathing during the afternoon, and a glass of wine in the evening. With a view of the church tower, and the swifts calling in the twilight, it really is the ideal spot to wind down.
The house is NO SMOKING throughout. Note that the stairs to the top floor are steep, so we don't recommend the house to anyone with mobility issues, or for tiny toddlers. Not suitable for pets.